The main difference between commercial cleaning services and residential cleaning services is that one company works in office buildings, and on commercial properties, while the other companies work in private homes janitorial companies in Dallas TX.
There are commercial cleaning services that clean residential homes. Many of the services clean homes after new construction. They get all of the window panes cleaned, they remove debris, and they get the homes ready for their occupants.
Let’s take a look at commercial cleaning services and residential cleaning services:
Commercial Cleaning Services
• They generally come to clean at a time when the business is closed to the public
• Sweep all floors that have tile, wood, ceramic, laminate, or linoleum
• Vacuum carpeted sections
• Replace air freshener cartridges as needed
• Clean the bathrooms throughout the building
• Clean the entrance doors and all glass interior doors
• Mop all floor that have tile, ceramic, linoleum, wood, laminate, or vinyl coverings
• Empty all trash receptacles
• Clean break rooms
• Dust office furniture such as desks, file cabinets, and venetian blinds
• Clean ceiling fans, and may replace air conditioner filters
• Shampoo carpets twice a year or as needed
• Polish tile floors twice a year or as needed
• May change light bulbs in fixtures and do simple maintenance jobs
Residential Cleaning Services
• Wash dishes or load the dishwasher
• Wash clothes
• Sweep and mop all floors that do not have carpet
• Make the beds
• Change sheets when necessary
• Water house plants
• Dust all end tables, book cases, and wooden furniture
• Clean ceiling fans and keep them free of dust
• Scrub bathroom including shower and tub
• Clear mirrors
• Hang up clothing and pick up clutter
• Clean out refrigerators
• Clear kitchen counters
• Empty trash baskets in all rooms
Both cleaning service do many of the same jobs but the commercial services will have more varied jobs because every business is different.
Services that work with mainly residential customers will usually send one person, sometimes two people, to a home to do the work. Services that clean businesses may send several employees to do the work needed.
Services that clean residential homes may not do background checks on their employees, but services that clean businesses will do background checks on their employees, because businesses have more confidential materials to be concerned with.
Businesses have to be more careful about what cleansers they allow the services to use when they clean their spaces than homeowners do. The homeowner only has to worry about chemicals causing reactions in their own family members, while a business owner has all of their employees, and customers to consider.